Everything I hi-lighted in my earlier blog post passed with no dissenting votes:
So we got:
1. $3000 free money for the Heights festival board to do with as they please.
NO other city or township in the county gets any money at all for their festivals.
2. A total of $6,500 of porky earmarks to favored/connected groups (including Muskegon Heights) from the Convention and Visitor's Bureau fund that is supposed to fund out of our county advertising. Just more special interests taking from most of us and giving to their special friends.
3. More trolley money...no trolley riders. And no commissioner dares to ask for an accounting of riders vs cost.
4. The "waives" just keep on rolling. This is one tsunami of waives that keeps on rolling ....and it's entirely created by the commissioners who voted for the "hiring freeze". Gotta love the freeze!
5. I never even got to ask about the "retiree dental benefits". Done deal for them....and our pocketbooks. Doesn't EVERYONE have full dental benefits in retirement?
6. The worker's comp amount was an oversight but I was the only one to spot it. And I don't get a vote. Neither do you. None of the commissioners who voted "aye" noticed it either. I wonder how often this happens. Do you?
No Thursday meeting this week Mar. 25 or Tues.Mar. 30 next week..
See you (I hope) all next week Thursday, April 2.
The agenda isn't posted yet but why don't we all keep checking out the site:
I can't do this entirely alone.